06 grey wire confirmation

Well, after doing all the free mods, I decided not to disconnect the grey wire, ride awhile and see if there is a big difference when unplugged. Since most people do all the free mods at once, there was no info on just the isolated grey wire mod results. After four rides I finally pulled the plug and must say the mid range is at least 75% stronger. Huge difference. The reason I decided to do this, is because of the debate about "is the Canadian model the same as US since some dealers were saying that on the Canadian model you didn't have to unplug the wire".

So, if you haven't done the wire mod yet... don't hesitate to do it. You'll be really impressed. ?

?

well at least you did it in the right order - some ppl do the grey wire mod but do not re-jet, open airbox and add a pipe (or at least remove baffle) - then they complain that the grey wire mod is a bit of a con ...

MountainMax,

I got the same answer from the mechanic at my dealership too. It shows us that we shouldn't trust all of our mechanics. There are good ones out there but not all...

Apparently, the 03-04 WR450 Canadian models were different and didn't have the grey wire. The 05 and 06 models are US spec and do have the grey wire. When you get your bike, I suggest you do the same thing I did. You'll be amazed. Once the revs go up, the power seems flat in the midrange with the grey wire connected (I couldn't get the wheel up in 3rd at all). When you unplug it, you can pop the front wheel in third even fourth gear almost anywhere in the RPM range. :crazy:

Cheers,