HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
byw

Yz 426 pipe ?

6 posts in this topic

I just bought a 2001 yz426,it has a FMF Q pipe on it Saturday during the rain I decided to put on the stock pipe just for fun.Took it out for a little ride bike seems to rev much qiucker with the stock pipe on.Bike runs great with FMF pipe put does rev up a little slower no bog or anything just not as snappy when you grab a hand full of throttle.Anyone have any suggestions on how to make FMF pipe perform as good as stock.Thanks yes I 'm a newbie so be gentle. :thumbsup:

Not an expert by any means, but I have experienced the same thing on my 400f. However I did notice a much broader power band with the FMF , where the stock appears to make it's power up high.

have you been adjusting the fuel/air mixture between the two? It may make a bit of difference. Just a quick adjustment of the fuel screw really helped mine out.

That's what I was thinking of trying,when I put the FMF back on I will adjust the fuel screw a little.

The FMF is letting the bike breathe a little better so you need to adj the fuel mixture. Play around with it...always remember the number of turns you use either way...rich or lean...4 strokes are a bit tricky...try it one way...ride around...adj...if no good...go the other direction...you should find the sweet spot in no time. :thumbsup: