Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slopoke

13.5:1 pump gas??

10 posts in this topic

rebuilding my top end, just wondering if i can run pump gas if i run the 13.5:1 wisco 444 piston?

You can run pump gas as long as its not pinging under a load. I have the 13.5:1 piston and run Citgo 110 octane. Mine would ping with pump, so I went with the race fuel.

You can run pump gas as long as its not pinging under a load. I have the 13.5:1 piston and run Citgo 110 octane. Mine would ping with pump, so I went with the race fuel.

so i guess that's a no on the pump gas?....lol..

so i guess that's a no on the pump gas?....lol..

Actually, some bikes run fine with the 13.5:1 and pump gas. I guess it depends on how its jetted. I have a JD jet kit and use the red needle.

Actually, some bikes run fine with the 13.5:1 and pump gas. I guess it depends on how its jetted. I have a JD jet kit and use the red needle.

and you run a hc piston on pump gas?

and you run a hc piston on pump gas?

No, I use 110 octane leaded race fuel. I have a JD jet kit also and the Wiseco 13.5:1 piston.

I have a few friends that use the same piston and run pump gas with no problems.

No, I use 110 octane leaded race fuel. I have a JD jet kit also and the Wiseco 13.5:1 piston.

I have a few friends that use the same piston and run pump gas with no problems.

well, i think i might just go for the big bore 12.5:1 piston...i have no problem running race gas whenever i'm racing motard, however, it is also street legal, and with a small tank the best i could do is carry around a little bottle of octane booster or something??...lol...and i'm not sure i want to inconvenience myself like that...i still haven't decided, but i guess this will help some...???

12.5 calls for 95 octane. 13.5 You should plan on race fuel.

This has been discussed in detail before. The U.S.'s (R+M)/2 for Octane number is different than what the manual calls for...meaning a premium grade (91-93) in the States is about what the overseas 95 or so equates to.

If it's not pre-detonating, than it's of high enough Octane....110?? I doubt any of us (even with 13.5:1) NEED it....

110?? I doubt any of us (even with 13.5:1) NEED it....

I may not need 110 octane, I maybe able to run like a 105 or something. But, the 110 octane race fuel around here is about $5.00 a gallon, so its cheap enough to run, and I know I won't develop a hole in the piston. :thumbsup: