HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason21

OK Dad's...help me out

4 posts in this topic

My five year old in riding a PW50. The bike runs like a top but has no bottom end (something he needs on the track when coming out of the corners). Do I bump him up to a KTM Jr. or do try a 3 speed honda or new ttr50. Any recommedations? Also, are those KTM's high maintenance or bulletproof like the pw's.

the ktm minis melt easly. they are a race bike that needs constant rebuilts.

get a crf50 or a ttr50.

If you're going to ride track the Ktm pro jr is a great bike. The clutch stack is the trick. Ktmtalk can set you straight. My boys were on the Pro jr at 4 At about 5 1/2 went to the pro sr. Now at 7 and 8 are on 65's. They rode the wheels off the ktms. You must change the trans fluid every ride. I used engine ice to keep them cool . Bottom line for the track they're hard to beat. They take a little more care, but I never had any major problems. Be carefull if you buy used really check them out. If you start with a good bike ,it's easy to keep up. You can tune the clutch to make the bike hit very hard or more like a race ready pw. If you like the pw and just want bottom end. I would install the qt gear setup . It gives the pw alot of bottom end. Do a search on the internet for pw + qt gears.