YZF vsWR

What is the exact difference between the WR

and the YZF 426?I own a DRZ400s and love it

for what it is ,especialy the e button

But need something lighter.I tried a yzf 426

today and loved it ,i mainly trail ride

which is better for trail riding the WR or

the YZF ?

The WR is made for trail and enduro riding, the YZ is made for motorcross. The WR has a wide ratio transmission (hence WR), heavier flywheel, larger gas tank, headlight, taillight, more restrictive and quieter exhaust, and different timing.

I have friend that has a YZ426, it stalls to easy in tight trails, and its lowest gear is too high. He’s planning on getting a different flywheel and change a sprocket to gear it down, but then it won’t have the top speed of the WR.

I have a WR400, its much better at everything except motorcross. However, if you get the WR you will likely want to get an aftermarket pipe, and you may want to switch to the YZ timing.

Originally posted by Wired_Monk:

The WR is made for trail and enduro riding, the YZ is made for motorcross. The WR has a wide ratio transmission (hence WR), heavier flywheel, larger gas tank, headlight, taillight, more restrictive and quieter exhaust, and different timing.

I have friend that has a YZ426, it stalls to easy in tight trails, and its lowest gear is too high. He’s planning on getting a different flywheel and change a sprocket to gear it down, but then it won’t have the top speed of the WR.

I have a WR400, its much better at everything except motorcross. However, if you get the WR you will likely want to get an aftermarket pipe, and you may want to switch to the YZ timing.

I recently bought the yz after my long debate and I am very happy with no decision. I got the 02 yz for 5200 delivered to me. I really love the power and the ability to get up on the seat and turn. I used to ride a 00 kx250 and this bike is way better. I geared down a tooth in front and it is a great trail bike. I live in Leadville Colorado and I use it for a 100% trail riding. Either way you go you can't lose