Did I suck dirt in my engine?

So after I took my WR450 on it's maiden voyage and slid out in an ankle deep muck/mud pit. The engine stayed running, and was only down for about 3 seconds. However, there was visible mud on the inside of the bottom of the breather hose. Does anyone think dirt made it to the top of my engine? I immediatly rode back the the truck and changed the oil. Should I warm it up and flush it again?

Are you serious?

Your probably safe. No worries.

You should be fine. Re route the breather hose to the airbox to save it in the future. It would be a miracle for it to travel all the way up that pipe and get into the cambox.

Out of interest, are the 450's 4 or 5 speed? I have a 400 at the moment but want to upgrade it sometime.

5 speed.

Thanks guys, that's good to hear. I was planing on rerouting before riding but got impatient. I'm going to Ace to pick up the fitting now.

Cool!

Are the 450's as robust as the 400's or do their motors need a little more maintenance? Are they much more powerful?

You should be fine. Re route the breather hose to the airbox to save it in the future. It would be a miracle for it to travel all the way up that pipe and get into the cambox.

Out of interest, are the 450's 4 or 5 speed? I have a 400 at the moment but want to upgrade it sometime.

1. Already done from factory.

2. 5 speed wide ratio. Nice spread for the gears. :thumbsup:

Cool!

Are the 450's as robust as the 400's or do their motors need a little more maintenance? Are they much more powerful?

Compared to the suzuki's 400 (that I assume you have), they have a lot more power, but need a pipe to unleash the fury.

The Yamaha 450's don't really need more maintenance (than a DR-Z400), just frequent oil changes. :thumbsup: