HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainMax

Range on a full tank WR450F

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, im new to the group here and was wondering what is the best economy you can expect with a stock ride? Im hoping to buy one real soon and wondered how far i can get on a stock tank or should i upgrade to a larger one. thanks in advance for your help.

You should be able to get 50-60 out of a new one on the trail. The 03s were about a half gallon bigger. They go around 75 miles. If racing or wide open reduce by 10-20 miles.

Once again, Search button Dude!!

Buts here's a quick answer stock tank 40-60 miles.

Ascerbis 3.2 90-110 miles.

Thanks guys, and I did hit the search button b4 posting this and my other post, found some info on it but not exactly what I wanted. Best economy on an 06 WR450 in miles/km is what i wanted, as i plan to put a street kit on mine and wanted to get a bit further then this under ideal dirt road driving.....Thanks.

im getting 160 - 170 km until i hit reserve commuting with 15/42 gearing/17" rim

06 stock tank (smaller than most)

av speed 60kmh

now that's better, that is' what i was hoping for, I guess with a larger tank 200KM shouln'dt be a problem riding easy...about 70km/h

it would be a bit of a problem with stock gearing

im running alot taller gearing but then again my rear wheel is smaller

however 15/42 gearing is alot different to the stock 14/50

best realisation is i can barely powerwheelie (although i am 95kg)

Yeah, you can't have it all, Im planning on putting a dual/sport kit on mine and make it an awesome dual purpose rig, as the XT225 is just way too small for me. I will play with the gearing also for a good all around mixture.

I heard about a guy name of Charles Lindbergh that made it all the way across the Atlantic on one tank of gas in his WR450F. :thumbsup:

Yeah, im 6'4" and 250 pounds so yeah i was sad to see the xt was so small, then i got excited when i found you could get a dual kit for the WR, sweet..... :thumbsup:

I heard about a guy name of Charles Lindbergh that made it all the way across the Atlantic on one tank of gas in his WR450F. :thumbsup:

1 tooth rear sprocket? lol

i cant even fathom how many changes u gotta do for that kinda mileage

100 liter tank? gears? sprockets? definitely clutch!

smallest sprocket i could find was 39 i think

and im at 42 dragging the clutch x2 of stock on subtle takeoffs (ie cops starring at you)