seat issues

I wanted to post the same question on the KTM site foer my 450 exc. I heard somewhere that it's not that difficult to add a thinnish layer of foam to soften it up, but I don't know if it's such a good idea. Others say you could drill holes with a holesaw from the underside of the seat, also softening it.

My 20 426 seat has good shape but it is hard as a rock. I have to admit that I had my suspension re valved and resprung and that made a huge difference on the posterior pain factor. the magazines rave about the Guts kits. SDG has one but i think they only make YZ seats would have to check with them. The first rip in that seat cover and its gone.

I bought my 02 426 from a guy that was 6’4” and he had installed a soft tall seat from Factory Effects. It felt way too tall for me so I cut it down and because it was originally a tall seat it ended up being a fairly wide soft seat with no monkey butt effect ?

• 4 weeks later...

if yer butt is hurtin, one of the first things to adjust is your seating positing and riding style.

Get your balls up next to your fuel tank cap, get the weight off your ass, and onto your inner thighs. squeeze your tank with your knees. And remember your foot pegs! get your weight onto your pegs over whooped sections!! dont let the seat beat your ass!

I have done several 100+ mile days, and never had a sore booty.

I would try these things first, and see if that makes things a little more comfortable for you, and if all else fails, like others said, take a look at Gutz racing.

Just remember, lazy riding makes for sore bootys!

anyone have a pic of guts tall seat on their WR? how much taller is it?

http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/photos/45199332-L.jpg

http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/photos/45198111-L.jpg

These aren't the best shots but it shows them pretty good, the difference will be in the missing sway back right behind the tank, notice how flat the seat is across the top. There is a little more padding at the back fender but not a whole lot.

Bottom line - the seat is awesome :ride:

Which one do you have? I just ordered the "complete comfort seat". Hope it's the right choice. $159 incl postage.

I have the tall soft gripper seat. Very nice. Didn't know of the "complete comfort" seat at the time.