anyone have any clues??????

my brother just changed the stator on his 94 xr600. it was starting fine when cold, but when it got hot it was hard to start. he thought it might be the stator. his found a stator off of a 99 xr600. when he put everything back together, it wont fire at all. :thumbsup::confused: any ideas? i would think the stators would be interchangeable amongst the models :bonk: could he be overlooking something simple that he put together wrong in the reassembly :bonk: any ideas would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

the used stator was off of a 2000, not a 99. for some reason i am thinking they arent the same, any one know? if they arent the same, anyone have a used stator that will work on a 94 xr600?

they changed from a 5 pole to a 12 pole the same model thats used in the current xr650L , the stator will fit the early model xr600r's as well so no issue about compatability, sounds like he has done a dodgey job on the wiring or something has come loose

they changed from a 5 pole to a 12 pole the same model thats used in the current xr650L , the stator will fit the early model xr600r's as well so no issue about compatability, sounds like he has done a dodgey job on the wiring or something has come loose

Agreed, and when he finds it it will probably fix the hot start problem too.