HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YZ450F06

My new YZ450F

3 posts in this topic

Hey all I have a question. I just picked me up a brand spankin new 06 YZ450F for easter. I have been doing allot of reading mostly here on what I should do to this bike before I begin riding. I understand there are several things that most of you that own one have or wish you have done. Chain, forks, jetting, exhaust etc.. are some things I have herd. Any answers I would greatly appreciate. Thanks

I rejetted w/ a 48/168, replaced the front tire w/ a Maxxis IT, replaced the chain w/ a RK glod O ring, raised the forks to the first notch and greased my rear swingarm bolt and linkage. Then I went riding for the afternoon, broke it in using heat cycles and set the rear sag and made very minor suspension adjustments here and there.

Final result...............an almost 'works' like bike that is nothing like anything else I have ever ridden. Nice suspension, good cornering and high speed stability. Very neutral jumper too. :thumbsup: