HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr400dad

KL:X110 air / fuel mixture adjustment

5 posts in this topic

I own a 2006 KLX110 and was doing some mods in these threads like rejetting, opening the air box and exhaust. I did these and it seemed to be running rich so I read the threads again and it said to adjust the air / fuel 2 turns out. Well I took off the carb and looked all around to find the screw and could not find it. Finally I looked at what looked like a cap that turned out to be the adjustment. I had to tap in a small socket to get it to turn. My question is are all KLX110 carbs like this ? Is there a special tool for this ? Is there a reason Kawasaki does this? I have looked at several other carbs (Mikuni) and they all have normal adjustment screws.

My '06 is the same way. Not sure why they make it so hard to adjust. I ended up cutting a slot in the top so I can adjust it with a small screw driver.

once you get a bbk for it by by stock carb but thats what kawi wants.

Dirtbikeq, Are you saying buy a BBK Carb ? If so how much better does it run with a non big bore 110 ?

If your not going to install a big bore kit, why would you want a different carb? If your unhappy with the new "D" style airmix screw, just order one from an older model 110.