Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rooster wrooster

street legal 2006 yz450 pics

25 posts in this topic

VERY VERY NICE.

of the mark does your bike have a chance against any sports cars or bikes?

I probably won't be doing much racing, but the power to weight ratio gives you a number something like .21 (50hp/230lbs) A bigger number is better.

compare that to a viper which would be .15 (510hp/3400lbs)

So you would probably smoke most people off the line, except maybe some sports bikes.

You have mounted the rear taillight incorrectly, it is supposed to be under the rear guard.

If it is like yours, it wobbles around too much and will cause stress marks on your new plastic.

Other than that, sweet ride mate!

Where is your indicators?

Whare is your chain guard?

I bet that is louder than 94db too.

I am sure that is not street legal!

kawirider it was about $270 for the kit which included the front fairing with light, the rear fender add on with tail light, wiring, license plate holder, rear brake hydraulic switch, battery, and battery charger.

Then about another $30 for the mirror which came seperate.

INJURY_69 it is powered by a battery. I searched like a mad man looking for a stator or anything to power some lights but nothing is available for a 2006. Battery is the only option. The light is really only for looks unless you plan on getting somewhere fast because the light lasts for about 12 minutes.

Matty05 I'm not sure what you mean by rear guard? If you mean rear fender then it is installed under it, if it was any further you wouldn't be able to see the tail light.

Also you need to study up on the laws in michigan boyo. That bad boy is 100% err 99% street legal. (No DOT approved tires) I even passed a cop going the opposite direction today. I had a pucker moment but he didn't even give a second look.

ha ha 94db. ever heard of a harley, no way those things are under 110 db

I probably won't be doing much racing, but the power to weight ratio gives you a number something like .21 (50hp/230lbs) A bigger number is better.

Don't forget to factor in the weight of the rider, which is a significant portion of your total roadgoing weight. Calculating for a 200lb rider takes your power/weight factor down to ~ .11

Still gonna be quicker than most grocery getters though.. :worthy:

Sweet... I am so jealous.

No way in hell you can register one here in FL from what I hear these days. That's the perfect get-around.

we are in michigan

dont need blinkers or a chain guard or have to be under 94dB

harley v-twins run stright pipe meaning no muffler and they are street legal

only thing you need for the street in michigan as far as I know is mirror , lights, break light, DOT tires

where in michigan do you live dude that is awesome maybe I will do that to the 426

rooster, is that the IMS 3.1 gallon tank on your bike? Did you have to replace the stock fuel hose when you put it on? And are you happy with the tank?

So you would probably smoke most people off the line, except maybe some sports bikes.

That's a pretty funny example, you forgot to add a 200 lbs rider! :worthy::D

50hp/430lbs = .12

510hp/3600lbs = .14

Viper wins!