EBC oversized brake rotor kit

Never took physics. And it's WELL known in the car world that larger,(or slotted or drilled) rotors are nothing but bling.

CALIPERS do the work.

I'm afraid you're under some misconceptions.

Calipers apply the force, but rotors sink the heat. Both are involved in doing the work.

Larger rotors most definately help, because that's how the heat is removed from the brake system. They cool better and thus take longer to fade. This is a real, measureable, and well known effect in the real car world, the one where people drive on race tracks and try to go fast.

Put it this way, if you were right, all car rotors would be 6" in diameter to reduce unsprung weight.

Slotting/drilling is of some minimal value, but mostly affects initial wet performance and green fade.

Suggest you read the Carroll Smith "... to Win" series of books, you might learn something.

--Soren

Plus they look way cooler and chicks dig em. :thumbsup:

OOOO! That's a big disk you've got there!

I have two oversize EBC rotors. The 280 for the dirt and the 320 for my supermoto set up. I once tried to run the 280 for a couple laps at the track with the SM wheels and it turned into a warped onion ring in less than half a lap. The 320 with the same caliper has no warping and I can do stoppies with it (purely by accident). Conversely, the big rotor is useless in the dirt as it just locks the front wheel with even the slightest squeeze on the lever. It' s all about leverage and heat dissipation. Bigger calipers help too but the size of the rotor is definitely important.

BTW, I had to file my stock rotor slightly to clear the big rotor but not the 280.

OOOO! That's a big disk you've got there!

bigstar.gif

I'm affraid to look!

Sorry, but I just don't see that. The rotor does NOTHING. It doesn't move, it doesn't apply force. The calipers squeeze the pads against them. Nothing more. The calipers are what you upgrade if you want more stopping power.

Here's a way to see the "leverage factor" for yourself. Go put the bike on a stand, front wheel off the ground. Spin the wheel and then stop it by grabbing the spokes near the rim. Now try it again, only try grabbing the spokes near the hub. You will now see the advantage of a larger rotor....it's all leverage.

Plus they look way cooler and chicks dig em. :thumbsup:

I have bought into that size dosn't matter and I would be fine.....now I have a complex again. I wish I had a big disk also.

Here's a way to see the "leverage factor" for yourself. Go put the bike on a stand, front wheel off the ground. Spin the wheel and then stop it by grabbing the spokes near the rim. Now try it again, only try grabbing the spokes near the hub. You will now see the advantage of a larger rotor....it's all leverage.

Thanks to those of you willing to teach the less educated of us out here. :thumbsup:

I have bought into that size dosn't matter and I would be fine.....now I have a complex again. I wish I had a big disk also.

Size does matter brudda. Believe me. :thumbsup:

Thanks to those of you willing to teach the less educated of us out here. :thumbsup:

well you help us on issues you know about