EBC oversized brake rotor kit

i just installed the ebc 280mm rotor kit on my R. I then took it out on a test run to find it pulsing while breaking, i was like &%$#@!! I put it back on the stand to discover that the rotor is not round. The disc has high spots that rub the mounting bracket. Has any one else had this problem, if so please give me your input. thanks, Tber

Sounds defective (bent or warped). Get it exchanged. Good luck.

Nope. Best mod I've done.

19890843-L.jpg

Nope. Best mod I've done.

19890843-L.jpg

How so? I"ve never experienced them, so it's hard for me to picture how bigger rotors helps anything? I mean it's the calipers that do the squeezing, so if you don't upgrade that, how does a rotor help????????? :thumbsup:

Agreed about it being defective. It's a must-have for street riding. Only issue I've had is the pads I tired--they squeak somtimes. I'm gonna go back to stock pads...

How so? I"ve never experienced them, so it's hard for me to picture how bigger rotors helps anything? I mean it's the calipers that do the squeezing, so if you don't upgrade that, how does a rotor help????????? :thumbsup:

Larger rotors provide more stopping power--larger swept area and more material to absorb heat.

Sometimes it's about "arm and moment". Basic physics. :thumbsup:

Larger rotors provide more stopping power--larger swept area and more material to absorb heat.

Plus they look way cooler and chicks dig em. :thumbsup:

Your avatar would make a nice disk holder, if ya know what I mean!

I have the bigger EBC frisbe on my BRP and like it just fine. I would say the stock pads could be better than EBCs.

bottom line about bigger rotors is mechanical advantage, think of your rotor as a wrench, the longer the arm the easier it is to tighten a bolt

There is always a little bit of play in the mounting bolts/disc holes. Mark the "high" spot with a marker or something and then just loosen the mounting bolts, just enough that the disc can be lightly tapped and moved. Spin the wheel around and see if it still hits. Basically your are trying to make the disc run "true" or concentrically with the front wheel. It may just be your brake pads, whether they are new or old (from the old, thinner disc), they will need to wear in to the new disc.

i just installed the ebc 280mm rotor kit on my R. I then took it out on a test run to find it pulsing while breaking, i was like &%$#@!! I put it back on the stand to discover that the rotor is not round. The disc has high spots that rub the mounting bracket. Has any one else had this problem, if so please give me your input. thanks, Tber

I think i had the same drama with mine, it is not warped or bent?

The edge of the rotor just touches the calapier off set bracket?

I just filed the bracket a tad and it was fixed.

I think i had the same drama with mine, it is not warped or bent?

The edge of the rotor just touches the calapier off set bracket?

I just filed the bracket a tad and it was fixed.

Thanks for the info guys, i think will just file down the bracket to make for more room for the rotor.

Sometimes it's about "arm and moment". Basic physics. :thumbsup:

Never took physics. And it's WELL known in the car world that larger,(or slotted or drilled) rotors are nothing but bling.

CALIPERS do the work.

How so? A larger rotor doesn't contact any more pad than a smaller rotor. As long as it's as big as the pads, that's ALL that makes contact.

The heat part might make some sense, though out front in the cooling air flow I doubt that's a big factor.

I think this is the only response that is verifiable. :thumbsup:

bottom line about bigger rotors is mechanical advantage, think of your rotor as a wrench, the longer the arm the easier it is to tighten a bolt

Sorry, but I just don't see that. The rotor does NOTHING. It doesn't move, it doesn't apply force. The calipers squeeze the pads against them. Nothing more. The calipers are what you upgrade if you want more stopping power.

Sorry, but I just don't see that. The rotor does NOTHING. It doesn't move, it doesn't apply force. The calipers squeeze the pads against them. Nothing more. The calipers are what you upgrade if you want more stopping power.

Wow. I understand you just want to be right on this but I'm truly sad to say that you are not. :thumbsup:

Just look at the supermoto guys that put larger rotors on (with no caliper upgrade) and get more stopping power. Have you ever put oversized rotors on and felt the difference? I'd bet you haven't because if you have we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sorry this is just basic stuff man. :thumbsup:

Lee

No doubt you got a defect. I have one and love it...no problems just better braking.

well mindblower think about it all the force being exerted on the rotor is coming from the hub the further from the hub the more mechanical advantage