HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrThumper

Tall seat?

12 posts in this topic

I'm in the market for a new seat. I'm not that tall (5'11'') but I have long legs for my height and was wondering about getting a tall seat. They say tall seats fatigue you less after a day of sitting-standing-sitting, etc...this sounds good to me, but since I'm not that tall (go ahead with the short jokes) is the taller seat going to make a big difference when I'm sitting? How much higher are you actually sitting when all your weight is on the foam? :thumbsup:

:confused: Any input from someone who went from stock to tall seats is very appreciated, thanks! :thumbsup:

JetPilotAlabama is selling his 450 that has a tall seat on it. You might want to throw him a PM if you are interested in buying it or if you have any questions.

My son and I are both over six feet and we've also both got the Guts tall foam. It's probably about 3 inches higher and make a conciderable difference in knee fatigue over any length ride.

I had a local trim shop add an inch of foam to my seat. I'm 6'4" and the extra inch is a huge difference for me.

Thanks guys...that Guts Racing Tall seat looks enormous!!!! Anyone use a Ceet tall seat? Or something thats less than +3''?

Has your center of gravity really been effected much.....I know a tall seat will be a huge difference in going from seated to standing, but hows the ride while sitting? Did anyone notice any huge difference in control?

I think I'm tending away from the tall seat now....I'm only 5'11'' (on good days) but my feet are flat footed on the ground....the last thing I want to do is mess up my seated riding...although I do stand most of the times.

I have a Ceet tall seat. It sucks. It's rock hard (harder than the crappy stock seat if thats possible), pricey compared to the SDG setup which is wierd because I think SDG makes the base for the Ceet product and frankly, they get thier tallness from taller metal brackets, which you have to drill out to accept the damned bolts.

Not impressed.

I should have done a Guts swap.

I went from flat footed to almost tippy toe and I'm 6'.

Here's a picture of Guts Racing tall seat on my 2000 YZ426.

Tall Seat 1

Tall Seat 2

Tall Seat 3

Stock Seat

Hows the comfort level? I am running the stock seat on my 426 and after about 40 miles my ass is pretty sore(and I stand most of the time). How does it compare to the lazy boy XR or DRZ seats?

I have run an SDG tall seat on my bikes for the past 3 years. They make the standing and sitting a lot easier ( I am 6'1" and shrinking :thumbsup: ). They are NOT softer though....still very firm..at least as firm as the stocker.