'01 426 for an '03 KTM 400SX?

Good trade or not? both bikes in excellent condition...buddy has an '02 KTM 400 SX he will trade straight across for my 426...he just picked it up from a guy that needed to get rid of it ASAP...my bike is in my garage of pics..check it out...but do you think it's a worthy trade or should I keep my 426?

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbsup:

keep the 426 man!:thumbsup:

Keep the Yamaha.

why does he want to trade?

He's just going to sell it right away...he rides an '05 450x...he comes across these deals all the time..buys them...sells them for a small profit. He just wanted to know if I was interested in it..then he'd sell my 426. Just wanted to know if it was a nicer bike than the 426...I know it's a bit lighter...down on power though...6 speed tranny...

I would not trade, your bike is to nice.

Guess which one is selling easier, your well maintained bullet proof 426 or a KTM400? Does your friend get more or less profit selling the KTM or first trading it with you and then selling your's? :thumbsup:

He'd actually make more off the KTM. Its not about profit here...what Im interested in is if the KTM is a better bike for riding like Hollister...Clear Creek..etc etc...a track ride every now and then...I know the power is more linear on the KTM...and would prob be less of hassle to ride trails with if it were geared right...my 426 is a great bike....so I was just wanting opinions.

Bottom line, your opinion is going to be the only one that counts. I suggest you and your buddy get together and go ride so you can do some side by side comparison and just see what you think. Most likely you will know right away which one is for you. Just ride it and see if you like it.

Josh

He'd actually make more off the KTM. Its not about profit here...what Im interested in is if the KTM is a better bike for riding like Hollister...Clear Creek..etc etc...a track ride every now and then...I know the power is more linear on the KTM...and would prob be less of hassle to ride trails with if it were geared right...my 426 is a great bike....so I was just wanting opinions.

The KTM is a nice bike for trails and woods, no doubt about it. You will probably end up wrenching it more than your 426. And still about resale value, around here you would get better price for your Yamaha, and if not better, at least it would be 3 times easier to sell than the KTM. But guess it is different here in Europe. Try to find out if the crank bearings and clutch are replaced on the KTM already.

But if you like it, trade!

Dude your 426 is sweet! It looks like you got a lot of wrench time in it. I would think from your garage pictures that your riding still would suit the 426 better than the KTM.