LED Tail/Brake Light Install

Is this a "just enough to be legal" mod? "Really" useful for street use? Is it as bright as the BD tailight (normal one, not LED) Would love to lose the bulky BD unit, but have no desire to be rear ended.

In all honesty, I have not seen the BD unit so I'm not sure. I was surprised how bright it is.

Is this a "just enough to be legal" mod? "Really" useful for street use? Is it as bright as the BD tailight (normal one, not LED) Would love to lose the bulky BD unit, but have no desire to be rear ended.

LED should be brighter if done properly. Just look at all the truckers using them . :thumbsup:

LED should be brighter if done properly. Just look at all the truckers using them . :thumbsup:

The truckers using them is part brightness, part that they last 'forever' so maintenance goes away and part the reduced electical needed to operate them.

The ones I have seen all have specially designed housings that 'help' the LED's specific advantages/disadvantages. LIttle plastic 'dimples' that extend past the tailight surface and just about reach the tip of the LED's that I assume diffuses the light, spreading each one out a bit. Highly polished, very see through type lense housings. They're also highly directional, I have several very nice and bright LED lights on my bikes and they practically disappear as you move much off center from dead behind. Just something to be aware of and check out.

If nothing else you could help them out (and even the stocker) by spending 1/2 an hour polishing that stock lens up. It makes a pretty amazing difference on the car taillights I've done, so i assume it would be the same, maybe even moreso given the lower output.

It looks like a great mod for most situations. Mine is going to be 90% street so I want all the light I can get. Being rearended sounds like a real drag to me. :thumbsup:

i am pretty sure the bd tail light on the quick release kit is the led one right? is it not that bright?

Kinda similar to mine, although I am using two 194 stye sockets.

I just finished putting on the BajaDesigns LED taillight and it is much brighter and noticable than the previous bulb version I had on there. Now if I had seen this thread about a week ago, I wouln't have had to order one! :thumbsup:

The brake light is WAY brighter than the running light.

Recently recieved a new shipment of the inner tail kits. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Fg

info@wheelingcyclesupply.com

Recently recieved a new shipment of the inner tail kits. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Fg

info@wheelingcyclesupply.com

Any chance of one of these fitting a KLR650 (even if I need to make a mount)? This combined with a LED modulator would be considerably less than the overpriced $85 Dual-Star KLR650 LED brake light.

Thanks,

Tom

To all,

"FG", "Cream Cheese"-is Forrest at Wheeling Cycle Supply. I just ordered a LED Taillight Assembly, and some LED Blinkers. I'm putting it all on a CEMOTO Rear Fender, with an Acerbis Fender Brace, to update the 600.

I'll take pictures when I get it all done.

Any chance of one of these fitting a KLR650 (even if I need to make a mount)? This combined with a LED modulator would be considerably less than the overpriced $85 Dual-Star KLR650 LED brake light.

Thanks,

Tom

What does an LED Modulator do????

Interesting. Thanks. :crazy:

I've used the "back off" version of that for years on the high mount brake light on my Miata. Very nice.

Are the LED backlight street legal?

just got mine installed. Forrest is great.. got it to me very quickly.

Yes... the LED are street legal.

One thing is that you may need a white light to illuminate your plate at night. I will be drilling a hole in my light cover and placing a single white led to illuminate my license plate at night.

Bump for Forrest great service and very pleasant to deal with :excuseme:

Forrest

Thanks Again for the great service. I received the replacement taillight today. Do you want me to send the other one back to you??

I too am a satisfied customer.

Thanks Forest