HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weimer01

Title notation for the 650R's

10 posts in this topic

.....For all those out there that own the 650R's, does the title state, "for off road use only"? I was thinking about getting one and motarding it for those wet weekends.

.....Seat time is seat time :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Weimer01

Not saying this should EVER be done, but, the dude I bought my XR600R from had it registered in FL as a 49cc moped. Since it was already registered and titled, they didnt inspect. Dont ask me how they did it.......There are loop-holes out there, jsut gotta find em.

Mine says "XR650LY" and for type has CYC (versus ORV) which here in WA means it's a general cycle. Plate is no problem. The previous owner must have worked it out with the dealer to put XR650LY on there since the XR650L is CYC (road legal). Nice move.

You don't receive a title with these bikes, only a Cert. of Origin. The cert. is usually "dirty" or riddled with Off road only B.S. Get the bike, go to the registry and cross your fingers.

You don't receive a title with these bikes, only a Cert. of Origin. The cert. is usually "dirty" or riddled with Off road only B.S. Get the bike, go to the registry and cross your fingers.

Every state is different. In Ca you receive a title.

In Arizona you recieve an ATV title. It is easy to get license after you get emmisions done. They then change title to MC title :thumbsup:

Would the plastic tank be a concern too? Just thought about that.

Varies by state. Baja Design used to have a list of each states requirements.

Every state is different. In Ca you receive a title.

My bad. Figures KaliForNIA is different.... :thumbsup: