Another "is this a good price" thread + Green sticker question

Yes, I've seen acouple of those using the search, but it seems people are always asking for stock bikes.

I'm looking at a 2003 WR450, it has "RaceTech front and rear, 3.3 gal tank, Pro Taper bars, Scotts steering damper and triple clamp, skid plate, hand guards, new tires, new chain and sprocket, blinkers, brake light, street legal. Well cared for, oil changes every 300 miles"

he's asking 3900$, a good price? I intend on dealing it down as much as possible (maybe 3500$).

=====

Second question for California guys...If the bike is mine and plated street legal here in Nevada, if I move to California, can I move it there with me and use it on the street or it will be red sticker aqnd I'll be stuck riding it off road only? I know nothing about all those stickers and transfer things between states (I moved to Reno from Canada 4 months ago)

Thanks for all your help, this is by far the best forum I found yet for WRs!!

IMHO, an oil change every 300 miles ain't that well taken care of...150 to 200 would have been better. The biggest question with the '03 is whether or not the woodruff key/starter upgrade issue has been done. If not, it's very likely you'll have a ticking time bomb unless you take care of the necessary remedies yourself.

As to the plate issue, I'm from Nevada as well but have NEVER had a vehicle registered in the PRC, so I'm ignorant of the transfer procedure. Best of luck with those idiots over there ?...SC

The bike is street legal and was plated by first owner.

I'll check the key issue and then consider putting the ~200$ to update to '04 starter I guess. Is there a wya to check if there is damage or it's a go/no-go type meaning if it's not broken yet and I switch to '04 starter it won't break?

I'm in Reno too, for now I only ride my streetbike (R6) but I need something dualsport for the backcountry, it's awesome here!

That is a red sticker bike in CA, they will hand you a red sticker

Actually I think if it's plated in another state and it's brought in as a "used" bike with >7500 miles on it they will give you a CA plate. That's how my '03 got plated.

yeah i found out that if you can get a cali plate, you donT, have any sticker and can ride off road all year.

I just have to see if I can transfer my nevada plate to cali if I move. I think I can even if it's red sticker (normally you can't street plate a red sticker in cali)

Yes, I've seen acouple of those using the search, but it seems people are always asking for stock bikes.

I'm looking at a 2003 WR450, it has "RaceTech front and rear, 3.3 gal tank, Pro Taper bars, Scotts steering damper and triple clamp, skid plate, hand guards, new tires, new chain and sprocket, blinkers, brake light, street legal. Well cared for, oil changes every 300 miles"

he's asking 3900$, a good price? I intend on dealing it down as much as possible (maybe 3500$).

=====

Second question for California guys...If the bike is mine and plated street legal here in Nevada, if I move to California, can I move it there with me and use it on the street or it will be red sticker aqnd I'll be stuck riding it off road only? I know nothing about all those stickers and transfer things between states (I moved to Reno from Canada 4 months ago)

Thanks for all your help, this is by far the best forum I found yet for WRs!!

Anybody out there know were i can buy a license plate holder that is lighted

that will bolt on to my 2004 wr450.

baja designs has a lighted holder but it did not hold up for me. it will not hold up to serious trail riding, it breaks right behind mounting bolts. do a search, i bought one from a local maker n of seattle and am happy with it but it's not lighted. can't remember the name but you will find it if you search. scotts and i think 4 stokes only had one that looked decent also.