Quick Jet Question for the L carb (HELP!)

List of Jets for Keihin Carbs

Okay so from that list what is the appropriate MAIN JET STYLE/TYPE for the L model carb?

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I orded up some Pilot Jets from Sudco and I finally got around to installing them today. I ordered some MAIN jets at the same time, but they were completley the wrong type of main jets :thumbsup: I initially only orderd them to meet $15 min order from Sudco; because I was under the impression that my Bike Had the DynoJet kit installed.

I took the carb all apart and low and behold nothing but STOCK size Keihin Jets in there. The PO bought the kit from BD and paid to have it installed but the crooked Mech just kept the kit (obviously). Always do your own work; you can't trust anyone else :thumbsup:

Anyone think any damage could be done to the engine running "lean" for ~3000 miles (stock jetting, but K&N and Big Gun pipe).

If the Yahoos at one of the 2 incompetent dealers in my area can by some miracle get me the correct 165 main jet size; I'll be back up and running tommorow or the next day; but otherwise I'll need to get my shit straight and order the correct jets the next time around (only problem is I dunno which ones to order and the girl at SUDCO didn't know what went to the L either).

TIA

I recently ordered my jets from Sudco for my Ohio purchased 06 L. The ones I got were the N424-26 pilots (size 55 for me) and 99101-393 mains (#158). They were the exact same size as the ones that came out of the carb. The bike runs perfectly now.

List of Jets for Keihin Carbs

Okay so from that list what is the appropriate MAIN JET STYLE/TYPE for the L model carb?

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I orded up some Pilot Jets from Sudco and I finally got around to installing them today. I ordered some MAIN jets at the same time, but they were completley the wrong type of main jets :thumbsup: I initially only orderd them to meet $15 min order from Sudco; because I was under the impression that my Bike Had the DynoJet kit installed.

I took the carb all apart and low and behold nothing but STOCK size Keihin Jets in there. The PO bought the kit from BD and paid to have it installed but the crooked Mech just kept the kit (obviously). Always do your own work; you can't trust anyone else :thumbsup:

Anyone think any damage could be done to the engine running "lean" for ~3000 miles (stock jetting, but K&N and Big Gun pipe).

If the Yahoos at one of the 2 incompetent dealers in my area can by some miracle get me the correct 165 main jet size; I'll be back up and running tommorow or the next day; but otherwise I'll need to get my shit straight and order the correct jets the next time around (only problem is I dunno which ones to order and the girl at SUDCO didn't know what went to the L either).

TIA

Have you done all the carb mods yet? Drilling slide grinding tab on mix screw. You could put stock filter back in to snuff air flow till you get the right jets in. Just a thought.

26 Series Slow (N424-26), 393 Series Main (99101-393)

That is what i ordered for mine, they matched up

Thanks. I have the correct bigger Pilot Jets; just the Mains were wrong.

The bike came with the Pipe and K&N so I don't have the stock stuff to put back in there. I'm calling around to the local dealers today to see if they can get me what I need ASAP; otherwise I'll be ordering them again :thumbsup:

Thanks. I have the correct bigger Pilot Jets; just the Mains were wrong.

The bike came with the Pipe and K&N so I don't have the stock stuff to put back in there. I'm calling around to the local dealers today to see if they can get me what I need ASAP; otherwise I'll be ordering them again :thumbsup:

I hope you have better luck than I had trying to find jets locally. I couldn't. Most of the counter help I ran into at 3 seperate Honda dealerships on that little jet quest didnt have a clue what I was talking about. :thumbsup:

But Sudco & Carbparts where both excellent to deal with, had I just called them in the first place, I would have had the jets I needed a week earlier than I did.

I hope you have better luck than I had trying to find jets locally. I couldn't. Most of the counter help I ran into at 3 seperate Honda dealerships on that little jet quest didnt have a clue what I was talking about. :thumbsup:

But Sudco & Carbparts where both excellent to deal with, had I just called them in the first place, I would have had the jets I needed a week earlier than I did.

Isn't it amazing what the counter help knows, but what they don't know these days.

Well our stellar dealers weren't even open today so I just ordered up some mains from Sudco and had them shipped 3-day select. I figured waiting another day and having NOBODY have anything instock and still have to wait for the Dealer to "Order" them, I figured I'd just order them myself.

How is it that 2 local dealers are both incompetent? Anyone know what spark plug the L takes? I wanna put a new one in my bike while I'm at it; will a 5/8" plug socket remove the stocker or do I need some special Honda Sparkplug removal tool???

Well our stellar dealers weren't even open today so I just ordered up some mains from Sudco and had them shipped 3-day select. I figured waiting another day and having NOBODY have anything instock and still have to wait for the Dealer to "Order" them, I figured I'd just order them myself.

How is it that 2 local dealers are both incompetent? Anyone know what spark plug the L takes? I wanna put a new one in my bike while I'm at it; will a 5/8" plug socket remove the stocker or do I need some special Honda Sparkplug removal tool???

As far as the socket for the spark plug it is an 18mm, deep well, thin wall socket. Either I just use the one that came with the tool kit, or I have a Craftsman 18mm thin wall that was like 6 bucks, or Motion Pro has one that was made I believe for the XR400 that works fine too. (but is more $) see here: Motion Pro plug socket

The stock plug is a DPR8EA-9 from NGK. NGK Listings URL I happen to have an Iridium electrode one in mine (DPR8EIX-9) for no other reason than I happened to have one a buddy left at my house *possession is 9/10th's and all*

I have no idea why it seems that most motorcycle shop counter help is slightly less intelligent than your average cockroach. :thumbsup: