Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husky boy 360

How heavy is a 2001 xr 650

23 posts in this topic

My 01 650r with a 4 gallon tank (full) weighed 324lbs on my scrap guys scale, It might be a little less with a stock tank.

not really noticable once you get going but if you get one dont whinge to us about how much she weighs :thumbsup:

Mine weighed 320 with 5 gallons on board. I believe that to be accurate but I couldn't say 100% for sure.

I might go look at one just wondering how much do they weight..

My son's '02 BRP is dual sported and weighs in at 328# with the IMS 4 gal tank full. I have spent a lot of time on this bike and it does not feel that heavy at all until you have to pick it up out of the mud, then it is a ball buster.

My son's '02 BRP is dual sported and weighs in at 328# with the IMS 4 gal tank full. I have spent a lot of time on this bike and it does not feel that heavy at all until you have to pick it up out of the mud, then it is a ball buster.

LOL

I bet she is .............. :thumbsup:

Thanks For the info..

I'm 6'2" 265, So we should get along just fine..

I had a 87 600 I think it was a 87, Had 2 carbs.

Liked the bike but could not get rid of the hic ups.

Drove me Nuts...

I have a 2001 XR650 R that has stock tank. With some gas in it and oil in it, it wieghed 301 on the shipping scale at work. This is a very accurate scale.

If you ride one hard, you will appreciate the extra weight to help control and stabilize the power of the beast! :p:cheers:

Drop a 650L a few times and pick it up and then do the same with a 650R and it will feel like a feather:prof:

For us Non-US stationed. Is 3.2 gal the stock tank?? Or, if not, whats the size of the tank (in gallon)?

if you have internet,, theres this cool thing called google, maybe you have heard of it... as for your question it weighs 129.0Kg or 284.4 Lbs dry.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_xr_650_r_2001.php

:bonk:

It's pretty uninteresting to know what Honda say the bike weights as pretty much everyone knows they forgot to calibrate their scale when weighing the XR...

Whats wanted is a weighted "as stock as possible" bike, with full tank.

From the answers it seems to be around 308 ~ 311 lbs (140 ~ 141 kg).

:naughty: