Almost any Yamaha manual available from here

Wow!!! Big files, with lots of information written in languages that I can't read. These manuals would seem to be for other than the American export versions of Yamaha motorcycles. I didn't check to verify, but some specifications may differ from those for our motorcycles i.e., carb and suspension specifications.

I was able to print the pages without a problem. However, like Satch0922, we maintain a "Bill Gates free" computing environment in our home ?

I'm not that much into computers, but what sort of file transfer protocol are you talking about that would enable printing of a password protected pdf-file?

Any help is appreciated, thanks. Do you mean you got it hacked and got the manual printed? I'd like to get the english-only pages.

Sureblue, it sounds like if you have an Apple computer and use "Preview" you can print it out...

I wonder if one of you guys that can print it out could save it to another filename through the viewer and upload it so one of us "Gate's babies" could try it out... ?

Maybe that would by-pass the password.

By the way, I own a legal copy of the manual so by copywright laws I am able to legally print it out... (/disclaimer)

Ovrrdrive,

I'm using a Macintosh G-5 computer, running OS10.4.6 and the web browser is Safari. I followed the instructions on the Yamaha website and did not touch anything or go to another task until the entire file for a 2006 WR450F, all 21.9MEG, downloaded to my computer's desktop. Then I clicked on the file icon located on the desktop and it opened no problem. I did not encounter a password. I printed out a page with no problems or special procedure.

The problem with trying to segregate out the English portion of the manual, at least with the manual for my 2006 WR450F, is that the manual is written in English, French (what a waste of paper!!!! OOPs, editorial comment is BAD), German and Spanish. The manual is laid out so that the English chapter is first, then the chapter is repeated again for each of the remaining three languages. I wouldn't know how to break out just the English portion of the manual and I'm not sure that you could. I checked out some of the specification pages, however. The English language portion contains USA specifications, as well as European and Australian specifications.

These manuals are a nice thing to have. I hope that the "Bill Gates burdened" readers on this forum can figure out how to read and print out manuals. ?

I downloaded the 2006 wr450f manual for grins, and just as I thought, it is NOT print protected. ?

If you go to the 'file' menu and select 'document properties', then go to the security tab you'll see it says printing allowed. On the ones I tried it says printing not allowed.

Maybe we should start a list of the ones you can print. So far the list is as follows:

2006 wr450f

sorry ...I should have mentioned that I am using MacOSX and "Preview".
I have a feeling that the password protection exists on a per document basis; some having it, and some not. At random, I selected an '04 YZ450 manual, and using several combinations of OSX 10.2.8 and 10.4.6, Browsers (IE 5.2, Safari, Firefox 1.5, Opera 6), Preview 2.0.1 and 3.0.4, Acrobat Reader 5.0, 6.0, and 7.0.5, I was unable to print either the on-line or downloaded version as it said it was password protected.

Which manual did you save and print?

The yzf450 manual is locked...I have unlocked it and can print it on a pc (Thanx Bill). I like the idea so I can organise it in english makes it way quicker to find stuff. Hang some pages on the wall for quick reference etc. I can put the unlocked version on a server if someone wants to host it...... PM me.

Foxit PDF reader and XP SP2 and I cannot print it..."the secruity permission in this document prohibits printing"

I will give it a try at work where I have the full version of Acrobat...

The yzf450 manual is locked...I have unlocked it and can print it on a pc (Thanx Bill). I like the idea so I can organise it in english makes it way quicker to find stuff. Hang some pages on the wall for quick reference etc. I can put the unlocked version on a server if someone wants to host it...... PM me.

That's what I was talking about. I hate to go thru the thick manual. I also want a copy in my transporter.

Anyone host it?