Hour Meter mounting location

I did not have to cut anything on my spark plug wire. That may cause problems down the road. Mine is just wrapped 5-6 times and the excess wire is electrial taped back to itself in a nice little roll. I would make sure that you have a good ground and if it still dosn't work take her back.

I would make sure that you have a good ground

I used one of the top engine mount bolts right below the top rail under the tank, that should be sufficient right?

"good ground"

Is there a type that has to be grounded? Mine is from Sears and others I've seen just have one wire that only raps around the spark plug cap.

That is exactly what I used and mine seems to be working fine :ride:

I'm having the same problem. I bought a Sendec at Sears and wrapped it 5 times around the plug wire, but it is not picking up??? This model does not have a ground though. Could that be the problem?

I'm having the same problem. I bought a Sendec at Sears and wrapped it 5 times around the plug wire, but it is not picking up??? This model does not have a ground though. Could that be the problem?

That is the same one I have. I did the same thing you did and mine works fine.

You have to wrap it around the inner wire under the black cover on just the power wire (colored wire) no ground needed

You have to wrap it around the inner wire under the black cover on just the power wire (colored wire) no ground needed

Some have grounds and some don't. I almost bought the Sendec from Sears but opted instead for a B&S model that had a ground and can be reset. I'm gonna try wrapping it under the plugwire sheath like you're saying GA426. Thanks :ride:

Most of these units are pre-programmed to flash at the service intervals. The Yamaha model is programmed to flash every two hours of run time...the lawnmower/sears models are usually programmed for flash at 20 hour intervals.

If you have a plug cap with the coill on the cap, like most new bikes, you must wrap the wire around the coil/cap right where it disappears into the head. It's from the OUTPUT of the coil that you get the spark pulses. The wire to the INPUT of the coil should more or less be a consistent power supply (no surge or pulse, therefore no rpm ro read).

It appears to me this would be your problem.