HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJHayesIII

WR400/IMS tank issues

3 posts in this topic

Just bought a WR400, that came with the IMS tank. I noticed it was having trouble getting fuel with a low tank (the fuel line wasn't full), but there was gas in the right side of the tank, where the petcock is. The fuel line goes up over the carb, which seems to make for an odd/difficult path for the fuel...does this have anything to do with it?

another thing, when I kill the bike, and leave the petcock in the on position, it will start to leak fuel out of the overflow. If i turn the petcock off, it will stop leaking after a few seconds...what could this be from?

I have the same tank on my '99 WR. I don't have any issue getting fuel from the right side of the tank when it's low. Maybe the fuel level is below the main petcock tube inside the tank... try reserve. The leak from the overflow tube could be caused by incorrect float level or a bad seal at the needle valve. Check the o-ring.

I have the same tank on my '99 WR. I don't have any issue getting fuel from the right side of the tank when it's low. Maybe the fuel level is below the main petcock tube inside the tank... try reserve. The leak from the overflow tube could be caused by incorrect float level or a bad seal at the needle valve. Check the o-ring.

Looks like I just didn't have enough gas...what's the point of the extra capacity if you can't even use a good amt of it? oh well...

So, I guess I'll be taking a look at the carb in the near future...haven't come close to pulling this thing apart yet, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help!