Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firestorm

Simple REKLUSE question

3 posts in this topic

G'day all just got a simple question regarding the rekluse auto clutch...

By the time I lower the idle enough for the clutch to be fully engaged the idol is too low and wants to die too easy.

I have been told I can stick a washer under the wave spring to raise the idol, but can you just stretch the wave spring slightly to have the same effect? I have a ride on tomorrow arvo so don't have time to order in a washer from rekluse...

Apart from this point the clutch works perfectly.

Any input most welcome :thumbsup:

Is the clutch broke in yet??? Mine did the same thing but stoped after a good ride then checked install gap again. The dang thing still flames out every once in a wile anyone know a cure for this???? Best thing I ever bought for a bike.

Is the clutch broke in yet??? Mine did the same thing but stoped after a good ride then checked install gap again. The dang thing still flames out every once in a wile anyone know a cure for this???? Best thing I ever bought for a bike.

the flame out your experiencing is from too rich a pilot circuit,these clutches are jetting sensative and your jetting must be kept to the lean side or it'll stall (usually at the worst time possible)

firestorm,if its broke in and the gap is correct try the heavy spring or more tension on the external spring to raise the stall spd :thumbsup: