HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fast426

Leaky fork seal

3 posts in this topic

No, this isn't another thread asking how to change a fork seal :thumbsup:

What I'm wondering is, will it damage my fork if I run it low/out of fork oil? I noticed it was leaking last time I rode, and haven't had any time to swap the seal out. I won't be doing any doubles or nothing like that, just some single track. Just don't want to bugger up the whole fork. I pulled the dust seal and cleaned out all the grit and the leak slowed down, but it still leaks a little.

Normally the leak is not as bad as you think. I have a buddy that does a lot of the local guys suspension work. In my case he had suggested for me to put about 1 -2 cap fulls of suspension fluid in the breather hole at the top with my turkey injector. He had said that it may look like a bad leak but to make a 6 inch round puddle thats about a cap full. This allowed me to ride until he could fix my seals.