we need a live chat.

Bryan,

Instant messenger is cool and it works really well. I just have a problem with it running "resident" all the time. Besides, I hate AOL, but that's just me. I've had to fix other people's AOL stuff so many times it makes me sick to think about it. IM is impressive, though. It probably is the way to go for serious live "chatting".

The chat cgi code I wrote was for a client of mine that wanted a simple & light forum for his company's employees to communicate while on assignment to other areas. He did not want to pay for long distance phone calls.

Bryan Bosch,

I would be happy to zip up the code and html and send it your way. It's real easy to set up and the "page" can be altered to look any way you wish. I still have other stuff for you, just having a time problem. I'll be talking to you very soon my friend.

Have a great weekend guys!

Contact me at feedback@thumpertalk.com. We've talked about this, however, I'd like to learn more about your thoughts. Ron, how can we test/see what you have? Thanks!

------------------

1999 WR400, IMS Seat/Tank, Pro-Tapers, Enduro Engineering Hand Guards, FMF MegaMax II Exhaust, Panoram Computer, MSR Skid Plate, Dunlop 756 front/back, Throttle Stop Cut, Air Box Lid Removed, Forks Raised 3/4 Inch

Just a thought. I use AOL IM and think it is great. However, if you open a chat session for AOL IM users, regular AOL users can't participate. They can't join our rooms and we cant join theirs. You can only instant message. I don't know all the ins and outs, so I may be missing something. ICQ is another option. look at www.icq.com.

wayne

[This message has been edited by BULLDOG (edited October 14, 2001).]

Originally posted by Steve Claus:

Hey Ron,

If you would, zip up your code and send it to:

steve.claus@thumpertalk.com

Bryan is our sales and marketing guy; I do the technical stuff. He's pretty good with technical concepts, but I wouldn't want him poking around in my code! grin.gif

Thanks,

--Steve

Oh, I have NO interest in POKING around YOUR code! rolleyes.gifgrin.gif

------------------

1999 WR400, IMS Seat/Tank, Pro-Tapers, Enduro Engineering Hand Guards, FMF MegaMax II Exhaust, Panoram Computer, MSR Skid Plate, Dunlop 756 front/back, Throttle Stop Cut, Air Box Lid Removed, Forks Raised 3/4 Inch