Bar risers and taller seat for 06?

I used the stacked washer method to see how I liked the bars being moved up and it's definitely an improvement. I was looking for some bar risers to move them up and maybe forward a little bit. Any suggestions?

Also, has anybody bought a taller seat for the 06 yet? I called a few places and they said there isn't one out yet, atleast by SDG.

I used the stacked washer method to see how I liked the bars being moved up and it's definitely an improvement. I was looking for some bar risers to move them up and maybe forward a little bit. Any suggestions?

Also, has anybody bought a taller seat for the 06 yet? I called a few places and they said there isn't one out yet, atleast by SDG.

Don't forget lower footpegs. I would be interested in this info as well being 6' - 5". Thanks! ?

Back when I was looking into risers, barrisersonline.com didn't have that 1 1/8" 'universal riser', but he said he was working on it. I ended up going with a 10mm riser (AND a set of taller - Windham - bars) that I got from a TT member in Utah. Do a search and you'll find photos. Pretty slick and simple installation.

If you are sticking with the stock bar mount, and you go this route, YOU CANNOT GET 15mm risers as the stock mount bolts are too short.

Can't comment on the seat/footpegs.

Check out the yamaha website. They have a great new bar mount for the 06 yz's.

I believe it is 69.95 retail

Adjustable for height as well as 5mm forward or back.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelscitemdetail/5/209/1218/5372/2006/1/6567/0/0/detail.aspx

See the link or go to yamaha-motor.com, go to the yz450, accessories, handlebars and controls.

GYTR is the only way.

I am running both washers between the clamps and the top tripple clamp to get 10mm rise and 5mm forward. Thanks Mark

I thought about doing that too, which washer do you run closest to the bar mount...the small one? I guess there is plenty of thread left on the bolt when you run both washers on top.

I thought about doing that too, which washer do you run closest to the bar mount...the small one? I guess there is plenty of thread left on the bolt when you run both washers on top.

I don't think it matters but Yes the smaller ones on the bottom. I am using the stock washer on the bottom under the clamp. The directions show one washer on the top and two washers one the underside so there must be enough threads. Thanks Mark

I'll go for the GYTR mounts and move the washers around for the 10mm. They have some pretty sweet parts on the GYTR site and the prices aren't bad at all. I think I'll jump on the magnetic drain plug and maybe the enduro skid plate as well.

As much as I hate doing seats and seat covers, I know the GUTZ stuff is quality foam so I may have to get that as well. I love the seat being flat, it's so much easier to move around on.

I hadn't considered lowering the footpegs yet. I have size 13 feet and have never had a problem on any bike shifting once I get use to it. I'll do the bars and seat and see how I'm sitting from there.

Thanks for all the input.

I used the same mounting bracket also. But do not understand why one washer diameter is much smaller than the other. Did you put the smaller one on the top or bottom? Does it make a difference?

According to the directions if you want the stock height, but want the bars moved foward put the small washer on the underside and it says very clearly do not use the large washer in this configuration.

Configuration 2 you want the bars taller use the large washer on top "The small diameter washer is NOT used in the configuration" page 3 of the directions.

The directions clearly state you either use the small washer on the underside or the large one up top..of course if the bolt is long enough I guess you can use both on top like some are doing already.