JD jetting kit ?s

Could someone help me to understand the differences between the red and blue needle? How do you determine which of the two best suits your current setup?

Blue needle is for cooler temps/low altitude

Red needle is for high temps/high altitude

In the JD instructions, you are supposed to change to the red needle if the bike stumbles at low speeds. I have only ridden a few times with the JD kit, so far I've only used the blue needle and a 170 main. Its starting to warm up in Southern Indiana, so I will be playing with the needles in the near future.

Blue needle is for cooler temps/low altitude

Red needle is for high temps/high altitude

In the JD instructions, you are supposed to change to the red needle if the bike stumbles at low speeds.....

Welcome to TT.

This is correct. Read the JD instruction before use...

Also, if you ride in humid locations the red needle will produce better results.

In these Forums:

Indy has a jeting guide which has been slightly modified by Clark for the 05/06 WRs. Both are really close and prevent initial set-up guess work tuning. Depending on your mods, you may have to fine tune those settings.

Also, if you have persisitent difficulties with jetting, just post your Qs. Burned in the Jetting forum usually solves things ASAP!! :thumbsup:

JD will even give some input if required.

Enjoy

I am having trouble with an immediate bog from idle with even the slightest amount of quick throttle.

It is a Canadian spec 01 426 that is bone stock. I opened up the airbox lid and the carb has the stock 165 main, 42 pilot and stock needle in the middle (4) position. Fuel screw is 1 3/4 out. I am near sea level, 60-70 deg temp.

Would a JD needle help? I have already ordered larger main jets. (168 and 170).

Can JD needles be ordered separately without the rest of the kit?

Whatever tips anyone my have would be appreciated.

Thanks