650L sproket/tire question

I have an '02 650L with all the common bolt on mods . I recently put on a Dunlop D606 120/90-18 tire , sprokets are stock 15/45 . With the old wore out Cheng shin 4.60-18 (shorter tire ) it was great all around , road and trail . Now it revs quicker , and the 2nd gear wheelie is gone , I weigh 170lbs so I rely on the throttle to keep the front end light when needed. Which sproket do i need to change to regain the low end power , and which way do i go up/down ? Top speed is not importain . Thanks guys .

change the front to a 14 and see how that does ya, if you need lower, put a 48 on the rear, but that will bring your rpm's way up when doin 70. you can get a 14 tooth front for like 15 bucks.

I have an '02 650L with all the common bolt on mods . I recently put on a Dunlop D606 120/90-18 tire , sprokets are stock 15/45 . With the old wore out Cheng shin 4.60-18 (shorter tire ) it was great all around , road and trail . Now it revs quicker , and the 2nd gear wheelie is gone , I weigh 170lbs so I rely on the throttle to keep the front end light when needed. Which sproket do i need to change to regain the low end power , and which way do i go up/down ? Top speed is not importain . Thanks guys .

Another great reason to split this forum. :thumbsup: Wr just keeps on keepin on. :thumbsup:

thanks , Ill have to pick up a 14T.

14/48 and a $10 carb mod and you can do 3rd gear wheelies.

14/48 and a $10 carb mod and you can do 3rd gear wheelies.

3rd gear wheelies? I love my L, but 3rd gear wheelies :thumbsup: I need to get me a $10 carb mod. :thumbsup: