HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vengeancemaster73

CRF450 or YZ450f

15 posts in this topic

Both great bikes. The only reason I went with a Yamaha is because we always just went Yamaha for bikes, and Honda for quads...

But we never had any problems with any of the two brands. I like the Honda's, but I love the new YZ/YZF's frame, so I had to get one!

Just got the YZ450F 4 days ago and love it. Never rode the CRF450 but rode the CRFX (not really a comparison) and wasn't that impressed. I guess after reading the reviews of the X I expected more.

I would lean towards the Yamaha , not that I am partial or anything.....

I have never rode a better bike than the 06 YZ450F! Go blue!!!!!!!!

Or Yellow (Special Edition) :thumbsup:

ive got an 05 honda and will be going blue in 07.nothing against the hondas but i need a change,been on them since 01.heard a lot of good things bout the new yammie and ive had the privleage of riding a 2002 426 which i was really impressed with.I really like the fact about the zero engine vibration,this will help me cause my hands go numb after about 6 laps.Just my opinion but you will find many good things about both on both message boards.JUst go out to your local track and see if someone will let you take a spin on one and see how you like it. :thumbsup:

ive rode a 06 crf 450 and my 06 yzf 450 back to back and i couldnt tell much diff just the ergonomics . but i would choose the yammie the ease of maintenance and the reliability . i started tradin my bike every 2 yrs since 2000 and i have never had any problems with any of my 426s 0r 450s and ive only had to adjust the valves on the 04 when i put a new piston in . all of the others the valves stayed perfect !!!!!! get a yamaha

I was wondering wich is better CRF450 or YZ450F. They cost the same so which is better? I'm leaning towards YZ450f 06. :thumbsup:

Your asking is a yz forum, so you'll get yz answers. I would stick with the yz450f. I've rode a 03 crf450r, it was fast, but I just didn't feel very comfortable on it. I don't know about the crf450r, but a couple friends of mine that had crf250r have had reliability issues, compared to my yz250f, their motors lasted a year while my Yamaha went 2 1/2 before being rebuilt, and it still ran but had to be push started. Hope that helps, but if you ask in the general forum you could get some Honda opinions. :thumbsup:

I received my 06 YZF450 Limited edition last Thursday. Been riding dirt bikes for over 30 years. By far the best dirt bike I have ever ridden.

I rode an '05CRF450 while down in Cali over the winter. There is no comparison. For 2006 Honda moved/tilted the motor back 5 degrees.....and thats it. I can safely say, that doesn't convince me that they now have a bike that can beat this YZF. I don't care what the magazines are saying.

I have the bike jetted properly now.....170 main, 48 pilot (like everyone else it seems) I added a tooth to the rear sprocket.

Holy mother of God this bike hauls!

yeah dude yz for sure spend some time readin up on the cr forum they have stickys for their problems not to say you cant destroy a yz.......