06 YZ450F Oil change

I have been lurking for a long time getting some good gouge, but I have not seen this issue yet. I need to change the oil and the manual does not state to put any oil in oil tank when filling bike back up. Are you guys just filling up crankcase or putting oil in both the oil tank and crankcase?

1.2lt

Sorry, but with filter replacement it is 1 liter like anders said.

Without filter replacement it's 0,95 liters.

Total amount may be 1,2 liters, but you never get out all of it unless you tear down the engine and put new oil in from scratch.

There is 1.2 L in total in the engine.

I drained oil from both pugs+changed oil filter, put new filter in and put 1.0 L oil as stated in the manual. I checked the amount of old oil that came out and it was exactly 1.0. The japanese guys have it figured out very well. All you need is just one bottle of oil and that is it.

I thought it was 1.5 liters, what my dealership said. So do I put 1.5 liters in the engine, or 1.2?

Wait, after reading post above me..So 1 liter of oil will do perfect for one change?

Thats cool, now I have 6 oil changes ready to go then ?

I thought it was 1.5 liters, what my dealership said. So do I put 1.5 liters in the engine, or 1.2?

Look, if you won't start reading your manual, I'm going to come and whip your bare arse. ?

Page 3-16.

No more repeated same questions, please. If you don't believe what you are told, ask and trust your dealer who seems to know better. ?

Manual, the manual, man. read. Not later tonigh, but NOW. :confused:

I know:rolleyes: ,

I see him posting in the general forum now asking about greasing the bike (the way you should when you get a new bike). He gets the right answer from us in the YZ450F forum then asks the same question elsewhere to validate it.

He has the audacity to question this fountain head of knowledge???? ??

Just kidding THOR. sounds like you are really proud of that awesome new bike and are being extra careful with it. Just remember..to USE IT.

Sounds like your dad needs to take a moment out and join you in your time on the site. Not all of us are full of it........well...not all the time, anyways.