HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stokerslo

2002 hot start

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I tried to search this but it was not working. I have a 2002 wr 426. The problem is the hot start located on the carb. Just wondering who if any, makes a remote hot start like the newer model wr's. When I stall on a hill it's a pain to try and work the button on the carb.I know don't stall it, learn to ride better etc. Besides learning to ride better etc what are my options. any help appreciated.

I never use my hot start. My bike never needs it to start when its hot. But, yes there are several companies that make a relocation kit. Check the TT store. BTW welcome to TT.

I also have a 2002 WR426F that I race in the AHSCS. I haven't ever checked into the remote hot start; however I use my hot start located on the carb just about everytime I ride. With hot start, starts one kick/ without hot start it takes about 3-5 kicks.

Try works connection or Terry cable for kits. with correct jetting it should be less sensitive during hot start. I moved my decompression lever to the throttle side since i am not using the throttle during startup now i can operate the clutch and decompression at the same time. Bump starting on hills is now a breeze even in low gear. saves alot of energy avoiding all that gymnastics on the hillside.

Hi everyone,

I tried to search this but it was not working. I have a 2002 wr 426. The problem is the hot start located on the carb. Just wondering who if any, makes a remote hot start like the newer model wr's. When I stall on a hill it's a pain to try and work the button on the carb.I know don't stall it, learn to ride better etc. Besides learning to ride better etc what are my options. any help appreciated.

Stokerslo...you can try this http://www.ziptyracing.com/products/product_detail.aspx?id=MTI5Ng== :thumbsup:

thanks for the help guys.

This gave me some good ideas,however the zip ty and works seem a little pricey. while searching these I came across a relocation hot start complete kit made by DR D. for around $100.00 . This unit doesn't involve any drilling like the Zip Ty. I guess my question now is has anyone tried one pros/cons

thanks

I have the Dr. D one. It's nice put the aluminum fitting that goes onto the carb is pretty weak. It'll start peeling and then water/mud/dirt gets through. I put some liquid gasket on mine and it's fine now. On the bright side it is convenient to fire.