HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LarryCO

What size Dunlop 756?

8 posts in this topic

Any recommendations on a good size for a Dunlop 756? The shop I called said they have 110's and 100's in stock. Would I even notice the difference between the two?

Varied riding terrain in CO and UT...

I have used the whole gammet of Dunlop tires. They all work good. Even the 606 for dual sporting. I have found however there is no such thing as a tire that is too big for Big Blue. Get the 110 and you'll get the most bang for your buck.

Any thoughts on whether I should replace the front while I'm at it? I have the stock tires on right now, with only the rear desperately needing a replacement. Front still looks good.

110 it is...

The general concensus it that the 739 front is crap. I may not be the best rider, but the 739 gave me a very unconfident feel. Almost any tire is better than the 739 front.

I must say I have had better luck with the Bridgestone tires on my 400 (or any other bike for that fact) than Dunlop. I use the M77&M78 and they perform and last in the rocks and ledges. I had to toss the 739's pretty quick.

I have to agree that the front tire is about the worst thing on the whole bike. I am still trying different one to see what i like best. Right now I am using a Michelin S12 seem great so far, I'll see how it lasts.

------------------

y2k wr, airbox lid removed, 180 main, 48 pilot, 426yz er needle,

wr timing, WB E-series S-bend w/ tapered head pipe

acerbis tank(yz), sdg seat(yz), scotts damper

Bridgestone M77/M78 combo. Love it here.

I am trying the new Michelin Starcross Inter tire, but I like the M78 better. She wears quick on the 520, but hooks. I will buy only M77 and M78 from now on, as I've tried a few others.

------------------

'01 KTM 520 SX

'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $2000 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!

AMA Dist 6 Member

Hare Scramble Class B #523

Stinking double posts..........

------------------

'01 KTM 520 SX

'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $2000 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!

AMA Dist 6 Member

Hare Scramble Class B #523

[This message has been edited by Chris Slade (edited October 11, 2001).]