WANTED...

i'm looking for a stock yzf tank to fit my 98wr400. i have read all the reports on the ims and acerbis tanks, but decided that i don't really need the mileage (and if i ever should, i could remount the stocker).

anyone have any ideas where i could lay my hands on one AFFORDABLY. i wouldn't have a prob. going with the sdg seat, cuz i'm used to the concrete stocker, but would be overjoyed to just find a yzf seat/tank set.

any ideas on where to find one?

e-mail@ lew5702@sru.edu

thanks,

lance

Cost wise go with the SDG YZ seat.

For a stock YZ tank definately go with

2 Dad's Racing great prices.

Ph: 818-782-4600 Mark is his name and he does have an 800 # so ask him when you call and tell him Kirk referred you.

tanx.

is this a parts dealer, kinda like bob's, or what?

does anyone know where i could get ahold of any gncc pros to see if they have any? (most of them race yzfs, not wrs, and replace the stocker with an ims tank)

XRRCR,

Two Dads "dabble" in bikes and parts. They have new aftermarket and used stock parts, good prices, low shipping cost and even carry riding gear. Who knows what else smile.gif

Mark is a good guy and has treated ThumperTalkers well.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

hey guys, thanks for the lead... i called mark (and he was happy that you referred me, kirk) and he said he's outa stock tanks. i'll try back in bout a month i guess. any other places to look are welcome. i tried e-bay (no luck)

guess i'll just hafta keep my eyes open. i'd appreciate it if you'd all do it for me too.

tanx

lance

PS: IF I PLAN ON PUTTING A YZ # PLATE ON MY WR, WHAT DO I PLUG THE ODO HOLE ON THE HUB WITH?

[This message has been edited by xrracer36 (edited October 12, 2001).]

I removed my odo drive and replaced it w/ the YZ spacer.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, Mobil 1 15W-50.

Why don't you just buy a Clarke stock size YZF tank?

Don't forget to buy the seal, when you get the spacer.

Bill

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, All YZ Modifications, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

AMA, Happy Ramblers MXC (Dist #7), Tower City and Rausch Creek

i guess you could say i am trying to "yzf" my wr... do the pre-cut background for a yzf fit the stock sidepanels on a wr? i know they have a little more curve...

ALSO: does anyone know of any of the pro-gncc riders websites?... i know that all of them that run yzf's use ims tanks and i thought maybe i could buy one of the stock tanks off of one of them...

tanx, again.

i'm starting to consider the 2.2 gallon clarke tank (stock yzf)... one question... is it actually the same size/shape as the yzf, or does it have the ramp on the front like the 3.3 gallon one i've been seeing in pictures.... i want a seat/tank flat as the yzf... and does their "blue" match the blue of the 98 yzf/wr line?

Hi Guys,

I just switched to a Clarke YZF stock-sized

tank and SDG seat and I am very, very. overjoyed at the outcome. It does not ramp up like the WR tank. The whole bike seems

anorexic now, which is a good thing!

I just wish Clarke had made the tank back in

june when I bought the bike

------------------

Bryce Senff

WMRRA #201

WR426F

TL1000SV

CBR900RR

Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!