HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
illikonoz

Need a used unit of Vortex CDI for wr

14 posts in this topic

I doubt you will get anyone to give up their vortex! !!

Buy a new one, guarenteed if someone wants to get rid of one, it is stuffed.

does a vortex really make that much difference - isn't the grey wire mod enough ?

Grey wire mod good enough? :thumbsup: I laugh at you!!!

Get a Vortex ignition!

I swapped the missus' one on the 250 back to the stocker on the weekend, big mistake! Yes it does make a difference, The power is so silky smooth, and makes the bike so much more clean running. It is hard to explain, but way better anyway. It doesn't make much more power at all, but you can really notice the difference. If mine blew up tomorrow, I would buy another one anyway.

I think it is definately worth the money if you have the cash.

I am keeping mine too! :thumbsup:

hi i'm looking for a used unit of vortex cdi for wr4.

prefer the X10 system.

400/426 or 450 also can consider. thanks!

Hi is this what you are after.Yamaha WR400F Vortex ignition Item number: 4633865564 ebay australia. he will ship to the usa.?

hmmm... i'm not sure whether is it an x-10 system but do vortex have older system, if so wats the review?

The off the shelf X10 from Vortex is specific for 03 to 06 WRs. If you want other than the standard 10 maps, you can order direct form Ballards is AUS and they will program one with your requirements (not sure of the maps they have)- spoke with them the other day when in AUS on a visit. They set their own up for the sponsored riders. As far as I knoe all their WR / YZ race bikes have Vortex.

Ballards price is AUS 549 + shipping. Thats 499 + GST + shipping. The Vortex factory will UPS worldwide but charge AUS100 for that. You can take off GST if shipped O/S.

Just for info as I have done some pricing research on these... :thumbsup:

i just check on the ebaysite, the cdi is not yellow in colour but black. and it doesnt seems to have a switch thingy, so is it still ok to get? any one out there have this (same look) cdi? i need help pls!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused::bonk:

Just buy a new one!

Agreed!

The new version is yellow - sholuld come with a Factory sticker stating the bike it is for - a MUST IMHO.

hmmm.... guess i really have to save up now. thanks guys! but just in case some one here wanna switch bikes or sell off the wr , pls sell me your vortex cdi! cheers!