HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Withershins

Calling all WR engine people

11 posts in this topic

Seeing as my usual forum is experiencing 'technical difficulties' I will ask the collective inteligence of this, fine forum.

While letting my engine warm up for an oil change, I noticed a small leak, bubbling from this hole:

WRleak.jpg

There seems to be no mention of this hole in the workshop manual. So what's going on??

Very Easy!

Do a search ans type in Water Pump Seal.

Several will come up. There is one with photos and parts#'s to order.

Water pump seal for sure. Easy job, recommend you replace the shaft and bearing while you're in there. The factory manual tells it very well.

I agree water pump seal that hols is the weep hole you can ride the bike for a little while with it leaking but you should replace it. From what i understand it is pretty simple to replace. :thumbsup:

Thats exactly what she is, the water pump seal. Pretty easy fix and you will probably end up replacing the shaft as it is hard to get the impellar nut off without breaking the drive end of the shaft. I know this first hand..