HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theron

Best pipe for 02 WR426

3 posts in this topic

I currently have the GYT-R 3 hole silencer on my 02 WR426. Today I rode without the silencer and I can not believe how much beter the bike runs at all rpms, it actually makes the bike more fun to ride. Is there an aftermarket pipe available that will make the bike run as well as it does uncorked, and yet not be ridiculously loud? Decibel numbers would be helpful. Thank You.

Not trying to be a jerk, but please consider keeping it under 96db. We are loosing riding areas like crazy because of the "it's loud, so it must be fast" mentality. I would go with any of the "Quiet" pipes. Just got done spending a day with some fully opened YZF450's on my little old 95-96db WR450, and blew them away for most of the day except the straight open drag races. Remember sound is "compounding" so every decible increase is actually heard at a greater volume then the meter. I was told it is twice the "volume" per decible meter increase. We are not helping ourselves at all running loud pipes.

Not trying to be a jerk, but please consider keeping it under 96db. We are loosing riding areas like crazy because of the "it's loud, so it must be fast" mentality. I would go with any of the "Quiet" pipes. Just got done spending a day with some fully opened YZF450's on my little old 95-96db WR450, and blew them away for most of the day except the straight open drag races. Remember sound is "compounding" so every decible increase is actually heard at a greater volume then the meter. I was told it is twice the "volume" per decible meter increase. We are not helping ourselves at all running loud pipes.

Do you know how the quiet pipes perform compared to the stock pipe with a GYT-R 3 hole insert