Shrouds

I was looking at this XRL on ebay (not buying, just obsessed)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-XR-XR650L-2002-Honda-XR650L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50012QQitemZ4629138349QQrdZ1

and I noticed that the shrouds are removed and it looks pretty sharp. I have the XR400 fender too so that's pretty much what mine will look like. Does anyone have definitive proof that removing the shrouds will not affect cooling etc. I cant afford the plastic tank right now so maybe I'll just start removing stuff.

Its not definitive proof, but just just think about it, unless you are going at a high speed (55+ mph) they wont really direct much air to the cylinder when you are more likely to need it. When going at a high speed, there should be more than enough air flow.

the shrouds have to be there for a reason :thumbsup: otherwise honda wouldnt have bothered

the shrouds have to be there for a reason :thumbsup: otherwise honda wouldnt have bothered
And that reason honda put them there could be to make this bike (XRL) look like some thing it is not, to sell more bikes. That could be the bottom line for Honda. I think it was more of an advertising gimmick that works.

you do make a point, i spose the xr600 doesnt have shrouds