Free mods done, won't run

Okay, so I just bought and broke in an06 WR 450. Today I did all the free mods per instructions and put in a Pro Motto insert, and now it won't start. Normal starting both with the choke on and off result in nothing. If I pull the hot start it will hunt for a second with the starter motor running. I have tilter the bike and the carb is getting fuel. Any troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also put in a 168 main, 48 pilot, and a ziptye screw that I have had a 1.5 and 2 turns out. The bike ran fine before..

Thanks

I'm Lame. I put the rollers for the slide on top instead of in the channels. We'll see if that fixes it...

Projects like this are tough because you are changing so many things at the same time--airbox, carb, AIS, ignition, exhaust. When I do a job like this I keep my fingers crossed the whole time that I don't hose it. Hopefully you found the cause already.

Don't mean to sound like a dick but make sure the fuel lines are hooked up, gas in the tank, and the pet cock is turned on. I have tried to start my bike thinking it should have fuel in it from my last ride only to drain the battery and kick it 40 times and then checking to find its empty :thumbsup: Made me feel real stupid for sure

Okay problem solved, and yes....I am Lame. Free mods etc done, carb done right (the second time) and the difference is golden. Haven't ridden it but around the block and I can tell with a few adjustments I will be a very happy camper....

I'm Lame. I put the rollers for the slide on top instead of in the channels. We'll see if that fixes it...

This has caused lots of problems for poeple in the past.

Best NOT to take the slide out at all.

Make sure it is in the correct way...check you manual for correct installation.

Slide upside down is another problem area.

When you have the carb loose, also take the opportuntiy to set the AP timing as it is predicated on slide (3.1mm) position.

When set, the bike idles a little low on this setting - makes starting harder... so increase the idle speed before start (about 1/4 turn on the idle speed adjuster).

DONT use throttle for starts ever, and use the "cold start" knob for <20c.

If you drain your carb then suggest you crank with kicksatrt a few times (fuel tap ON) before you first hit the button. Mine fired first time after complete stripdown using above procedure...

Just my .02c :thumbsup:

make sure you didn't lose the o-ring on that zip-ty fuel air screw

make sure you didn't lose the o-ring on that zip-ty fuel air screw
Make sure you read entire thread before typing reply. :thumbsup::confused::bonk::thumbsup:
Make sure you read entire thread before typing reply. :thumbsup::confused::bonk::thumbsup:

haha, yes I found that out after I posted. oopps

Hey, at least you were trying to help. I was hoping you would think that was funny and not get mad. :thumbsup::thumbsup: