426 Rekluse user questions

Ok just bought a used rekluse for my 426, what i need to know is do you need all the spacer washers(as on the web site).6 or 7 washers on each tang.

My one came with 6 washers , one for each tang.

Anyway did actually phone a rekluse dealer for advise,but i think this site might have a better second opinion.

The problem is the clutch drags, and wont go in neutral with the engine running.

And i has'nt got a hard enough hit when throttling out of corners.(seems like a delay).Its most likely a set up problem, thats why i need advise.

And do i need a perch ajuster,or are the tungsten balls worth trying.

As it is it seems pretty good, but if i cant get it dialed in properly its back to manuel clutch. Oh yea its an 02 yzf426.

Thanks in advance. ?

Yes, you need the spacers. The spacers are to keep the pressure plate from coming in contact with the clutch hub. I'd pull the unit apart and see if you have rubbed any hard parts.

Make sure you remove or disable the spring on the actuator arm on top of the case. My brother helped me set up mine and he forgot (or didn't know to do it). Once I did that, everything was fine. Before that, the clutch dragged and wouldn't go into neutral. My gap is set on the tight side, just within tolerance.

Whats your installed gap? It sounds like the gap is way off.

The installed gap was 28" thou running like that.I have now changed the gap to 35"thou, and wound the spring pressure off, so it has just taken up the slack on the clutch arm.

I can get neutral now,and no drag now,it pulls away just above idle.

Its not bad, would like a little more snap off idle though.(sometimes i get flame out if i open the throttle to fast).Jetting maybe ?

Still only running one spacer on clutch fingers,nothing rubbing,it looks like the rekluse needs to sit further in if anything ie: no washers, because its not all the way in the cluch basket.

And i have the right amount of plates etc.

Very strange,worrying.

The installed gap was 28" thou running like that.I have now changed the gap to 35"thou, and wound the spring pressure off, so it has just taken up the slack on the clutch arm.

I can get neutral now,and no drag now,it pulls away just above idle.

Its not bad, would like a little more snap off idle though.(sometimes i get flame out if i open the throttle to fast).Jetting maybe ?

Still only running one spacer on clutch fingers,nothing rubbing,it looks like the rekluse needs to sit further in if anything ie: no washers, because its not all the way in the cluch basket.

And i have the right amount of plates etc.

Very strange,worrying.

35 thou is where you want to be. It sounds like the clutch is working properly now. Your flame outs are from jetting, your jetting has to be "spot on" when using the Rekluse. I would recommend a JD Jet Kit, they work really nice with the auto clutch set-up. The outer Rekluse plate (with the balls in it) does sit about half way out of the basket. Don't worry, it sounds like you have it set up correctly, just go put a couple hours on it and then check your installed gap again, the gap will probably change after the first ride.

35 thou is where you want to be. It sounds like the clutch is working properly now. Your flame outs are from jetting, your jetting has to be "spot on" when using the Rekluse. I would recommend a JD Jet Kit, they work really nice with the auto clutch set-up. The outer Rekluse plate (with the balls in it) does sit about half way out of the basket. Don't worry, it sounds like you have it set up correctly, just go put a couple hours on it and then check your installed gap again, the gap will probably change after the first ride.

Ok nice one thanks for the reply.

If you want more snap coming out of corners, go to a heavier spring. That will require more rpm's to activate the clutch and give you more "hit" when it engages. I personally like the light spring but I am not racing.