Finally got mine!

2006 YZ450F limited edition, man this thing is gorgeous. 38 year old men shouldn't act like this.?

It is almost too pretty to ride. Fit and finish are wonderful, except for the casting on the water pump cover, ugh!

Still lots of snow around here. Going to go break the beast in this weekend.

I have had to sit here all winter and listen to all of you lucky bastages who live in a warmer climate who have had your bikes for months now. Thanks for getting the jetting figured out for me though!?

$6450 + $25 borough tax=$6475 out the door.

Picked up 5 quarts of oil and a filter for the break-in process

A handful of jets are on the way, whew this thing is lean stock

Vortex sprockets and a good Rk chain on the way, I am amazed that they put such a crappy chain on a bike with this much stock bling (titanium, pro-tapers, etc) on it.

Twin air filters on the way.

It is going to be a great season!

Hey are you racing it this year? If you didnt already know at Kincaid there is a practice from 12-5 on april 22-23. So, I am assuming its a practice race. And as far as track condition I bet it will be pretty nice by then as long as the weather is good. I guess a few guys are already riding out there ?

Hey are you racing it this year? If you didnt already know at Kincaid there is a practice from 12-5 on april 22-23. So, I am assuming its a practice race. And as far as track condition I bet it will be pretty nice by then as long as the weather is good. I guess a few guys are already riding out there ?

I am headed up on Sat. the 8th to get some time in. I have been traveling outside through the winter getting riding time in southern Cali. I live down in Soldotna.

I have been stopping by the track for the past couple of weeks and have seen the typical spring changes. It is mostly thawed out now but lots of standing puddles.

My jets aren't in yet so it is just a familiarizaton run. Things will get more serious after the weekend. Definately plan to be spending alot of time at Kincaid till the tracks down here thaw a bit more. They are typically a month behind Anchorage, which is fine since all of the early races are up there.

I will be racing again this season. I am planning to race vet. intermediate for sure.....we'll see about a second class.

Are you a racer matt?

NICE! Im hoping my bike came into my Dealer today, 06 YZ450F, I didn't want the limited edition so I had to order the blue.

How do you plan on breaking in yours?

I raced the old yellow bikes back in the day. I had the last model year that they were yellow (1984). It has a sentimental value to me.

I already have a set of yellow riding gear but have lots of blue riding gear from the past several seasons.

One of the good things is that the newly designed tank is covered by shrouds. Switching to blue is simple, two fenders and two shrouds. I will probably switch between the colors over the course of the season. Yellow for state rounds, blue for practices and city series races. I would like to keep the yellow stuff in nice condition.

As for breaking in the motor, lots of different thoughts and methods out there. My method for this bike is ride for an hour at low throttle openings . Change the oil after each hour. I start out with lower throttle openings and work up to 3/4 throttle max until after the 5th hour. I check the drained oil for signs of any shavings. There are usually a few signs of metal early in the process but I rarely see any after the second oil change in my experience with 4 strokes (this is my 4th modern off road 4 stroke).

Heh, I ended up getting a yellow one today, my blue one wasnt in so my dad bit*hed them out and I got the SE one for no charge, and new Tech 8's for free too ?

The dealer said just go light on it, and give it on and off the gas, don't open it up. Just baby it for the first 10 hours, change oil each 5 hours. Im going to try that.

Heh, I ended up getting a yellow one today, my blue one wasnt in so my dad bit*hed them out and I got the SE one for no charge, and new Tech 8's for free too ?

The dealer said just go light on it, and give it on and off the gas, don't open it up. Just baby it for the first 10 hours, change oil each 5 hours. Im going to try that.

Please do not ruin your new bikes by going light on them the first critical miles.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3229899#post3229899

Congrats on your bike nomadak. Your method to ride for an hour at low throttle openings is not what engine builders suggest for break-in, but I gues you knew that already.

are you a racer matt?

I actually have never rode at kincaid..I practiced alot last summer at rival and this year I am going to race. In 250 intermediate since I dont think there will be a 250 beginner. I'm planning on heading out to kincaid next weekend to get some time on the track so I can become familiar with it before the practice race. I havent seen the track (just pictures) so im pretty excitited. I have herd the "mach" is pretty big?? I wonder if it will be dry enough to try it next weekend?

The Kincaid track was in wretched condition yesterday (4/08/06). It hasn't recieved any grooming since last fall. Most of the lips on the jumps are torn up by 4 wheelers. Those guys need a place to ride too though. It was also very wet with standing water pretty much everywhere. If you ride there, don't expect too much. When the place is groomed, it is dynamite. It is mostly glacial gravel till. Lots of different sized rocks in a silty based soil. Lots of elevation changes. The Mach is a big jump by any standard. Get your bearings before jumping it because you have to actually turn as you are jumping it (if you are going to clear it). They are currently running the track backwards from the direction it is usually run. The other direction makes the Mach a much bigger deal. They will most likely switch it up throughout the season.

There is a 250 novice class, the 250 intermediate class is definately a fast class. Unless you have alot of racing experience, I highly reccommend staying in the slower class unless it is obvious that you are considerably faster. The officials will be watching and will make sure you aren't misplaced. Once you are moved up or start a faster class, there is little chance of moving back down. This stuff only matters if you are interested in results.

Please come introduce yourself, I am number #7 on the yellow YZ450F. I will be there next sat. (4/15/06) There is a swap meet and there is talk of them having a dozer there for grooming. Have a great season!