Am I a Bad Person For Thinking This

If the engine ever grenades, I've thought that it would be neat to put a YZ250 engine into the rolling chassis so I wouldn't have to rebuild the expensive F motor and what not.

I'm guessing getting the pipe in correctly would be the toughest part of that deal.

Is this even possible? Has anyone done this?

If the engine ever grenades, I've thought that it would be neat to put a YZ250 engine into the rolling chassis so I wouldn't have to rebuild the expensive F motor and what not.

I'm guessing getting the pipe in correctly would be the toughest part of that deal.

Is this even possible? Has anyone done this?

I'm sure it's possible . . . we've all seen hillclimber's with MX frames and firebreathing sportbike motors. You could put a 2-stroker in the 4-stroke frame with less hassle than that!

The question was, "Am I a bad person for thinking this?" The answer is yes! Hell anything can fit if you work and pay enough! BUT WHY?

The question was, "Am I a bad person for thinking this?" The answer is yes! Hell anything can fit if you work and pay enough! BUT WHY?

Told you why.

Just a cheaper alternative to fixing a grenaded motor. Projects. Always thinking of projects.

I am not sure it would be any cheaper unless you are capable of doing ALL the fabrication work yourself. Probably just as cheap to go buy a used 250.

Yes, you are bad. Your soul is befouled with premix, and therefore you are to be taken forthwith onto the public square, there to be placed in the stocks and publicly flogged once daily at noon for the duration of seven days hence, after which you shall wear a scarlet "2" about your neck until the autumnal equinox.

Or not.

I'm thinking the engine mounts would be harder to get by than the pipe routing.

Not a very good idea, IMO. But, to each his own.

Yes, you are bad. Your soul is befouled with premix, and therefore you are to be taken forthwith onto the public square, there to be placed in the stocks and publicly flogged once daily at noon for the duration of seven days hence, after which you shall wear a scarlet "2" about your neck until the autumnal equinox.

lol :thumbsup: