Maxxis Desert IT upfront?

So the regular IT front is better than the dersert IT front? :thumbsup:

I'm guessing it's got the conventional sidewall and slightly different (softer) compound. I wonder if it's got different knob height like the rears...? I've never tried the desert front, and probably won't. I've just been trying the rears as I ride on lots of decomposed (and not so decomposed) granite, so I was hoping to capture Maxxis' claim of less "cutting and chipping" due to compound. I have no real love of that hellacious sidewall and extra weight, I'll tell you that much.

DP

The knob hight is different from the desert rear to the regular? How much so and which is taller? Thanks

One great part about the rear, I ve got 1000 miles now on mine its still got at least 50% left and unbelievably, there isnt one chunk missing out of any knobs :thumbsup:. I ride in it all pretty hard to, sand, nasty rocky stuff, loose and hard packed dirt. :thumbsup:

I tried an IT standard front out here in UT and it worked fine except that every single side knob broke off. I would hope that the desert front is more durable.

The knob hight is different from the desert rear to the regular? How much so and which is taller? Thanks

The desert is a bit taller. I never measured when they were fresh... Just enough to notice.