HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SureBlue

Is this right with Scotts SS filter?

6 posts in this topic

The Scotts filter has the rubber seal only in the cover side while stock filters have on both ends. Is this right?

DSC00642.jpg

Sure Blue,

I purchased the READY SS filters and it too only has the ruber on one end. The inlet side, just like your Scotts in the pic.

Thanks guys, now I can start her up. I was a bit puzzled. One of my buds blew up his bike when he accidentally used a stock filter without a seal, must have been the inlet one, so be careful, I think it will not build up the correct oil pressure without it.

The only thing you could do wrong with the oil filter is to break off the tab on the inside of the cover and put it in backward. That would block oil from flowing from the filter well into the cover and out to where it goes. It will develop the same pressure with no filter seals (or no filter at all), it just won't filter the oil.

The Scotts comes with a single seal. That's all that's needed.

Thanks for the info, gray, it's good to know. Guess the reason why my friend blew up his 450 was something else which he did not dare to tell. It was smelling like burnt hair when he pushed it to pits. He said it lost all drag. No oil at all was what I suspected already then and I think I was right.