HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crfmatt

Im an Idiot!!! Broke Bolt help!!

5 posts in this topic

So I snapped the head of the bolt on the left side of the oil filter housing. :thumbsup: .I figured it would be easy to extract it using an easy out. But when I went to drill a hole it was very hard to drill..I didnt want to push hard and have the bit go shooting through so I was wondering do I continue drilling or is there another way to get it out? Also is this bolt hardened or something making it very hard to drill? Thanks so much for the help!! :thumbsup:

I had the same thing happen to my '04 except it broke off about an 1 1/2" back in the motor. I tried to get it out but with no luck. I just got a helicoil and that solved the problem.

DO NOT drill anymore until you get your hands on a left handed drill bit!! They are a must in a delicate situation like this. The reverse motion while drilling will even back the bolt out in many instances.

I second the left handed drill bit! :thumbsup: They work great!! I bought a set for around $20..

I will need to get a set of those left handed ones...I was drilling and drilling and still no luck with an easy out but I was able to get the other 2 bolts out and take the housing off. After that I was barely able to get some needle nose on the threads sticking out and I was able to get it out. I was so happy :thumbsup: . Now a new bolt and im set. Thanks for the help tho..