HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
o4hondacrf230

exhaust question

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I was wondering if the exhausts on the Wr's are the same. In other words, will an fmf exhaust (just the back, or any other brand for that matter) for a 450 or 426 fit a 400 if i picked one up?-thanks ed

450's have an aluminum subframe so the 426 and 400's are different for mounting. The only thing is that a YZ450F (03-05) exhaust can be used on a WR450F (03-06).

Hello everyone, I was wondering if the exhausts on the Wr's are the same. In other words, will an fmf exhaust (just the back, or any other brand for that matter) for a 450 or 426 fit a 400 if i picked one up?-thanks ed

No. But most anything will work with enough time and effort. Get an exhaust made for your bike and your good.

Any rear slip-on cans made for YZ WR 400 426 from 1998-2002 will fit either bike. True the YZ's later on had Aluminum Sub frames but that mounting position did not change. You have to watch for exhaust systems which are considered complete. These require a specific header that must be used to match the fitment of the rear can. ie Big Gun.

I do have a Big Gun Complete system for these years in excellent condition for $250 if anyone is interested.

fershy

Kind of along the same question. Will the yz426 exhaust fit on a wr450? You say the mounting points are the same, but what about fitment of the headpipe. Will it work?