HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scapegoat

650L mileage between valve checks?

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys, whats a realistic interval between valve checks on a 02 L model? or what does Honda recomend. Bike will be used for anything from freeway to dirt, nothing abnormally hard though.

Thanks a bunch.

I usually go 4000 between checks. As of the last at 16,000, they have all been checks, no adjustment needed. :thumbsup:

In the 5000 mi. I have on the OD I checked twice and have only had to make one adjustment to one valve. I think I will only check every 4000mi from now on.

The one time 1st time that I checked I had one exaust valve that was alittle tight,second time I checked every thing was perfect.

I check mine every 2K to 3K miles because I like to keep her in check and it only takes a couple minutes. I have checked her twice and she didnt need any adjustment.

After 6000mi all 4 were 2-3 thou loose. 1st check since new.

dave

:bonk::cry: Your supposed to check after 50 miles, then 250, then 1000. bad boy :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused::bonk::bonk::bonk: