HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poway1464

Yuma to Gila Bend

2 posts in this topic

I know, I know - not the right place but more people are on this page !!

I am delivering a new 2006 YZ450f to my son this next weekend. He goes to school in Flagstaff (NAU). I am meeting him halfway which is somewhere between Yuma and Gila Bend AZ.

I would like to get a ride in while I doing this where we can go for a short 2-3 hr ride. So I am taking along my WR450. (see WR450 - fits here right?) :thumbsup:

Anyone know of a good riding area off of I-8 between Yuma and Gila Bend?

Thanks,

L.

There is a lot of BLM land if you go North of I-8. South is the bombing range. Specifically, drive north on Agua Caliente Rd. I would get a BLM map to see the land ownership, designated wilderness and look for looping trails. I think the map entitled Gila Bend or the one directly west of there. Phx Blm sells them. 623-580-5500. You'll have the place all to yourselves. :thumbsup: