How often do you change spark plugs?

Just trying to get a feel for how long they last. I have an 06 with about 6-8 hours on it and it feels a bit sluggish. I havent looked at the plug yet but I thought since everything else is perfect this could be the problem.

Wait,do these bike's have spark plugs?It's been so long i forget.All kidding aside,when mine start to rust I change them.

I don't change them unless they foul and I've not had that happen for awhile now, current plugs been in there for over 6 months. Sounds more like you need to service your airfilter.

On my 2000 426, I changed the plug twice in four years....I haven't even puled the plug on my 2005 450. On that's with one and a half seasons of desert races.

I change mine yearly when I tear the bike down for it's greasing and carb teardown. It may not be necessary but a year of riding on a plug is plenty for me.

If your bike feels sluggish, have you re-jetted it? Clean air filter? Is the bike stock?

Once a year.

Once.

So far, anyway. :thumbsup:

Had my 05 since June it is on the original plug. Pulled it and cleaned it twice I think..

Hmm. Well, good to know. I have rejetted it (170-48)and the airfilter gets cleaned every other ride along with the oil. It hits plenty hard, it just feels like it misses at cruising speed and when I snap it to get over a log or stream it jsut felt a bit tired. Must just be me.

I have heard the Boysen Quick shot accelerator pump cover may help you out. I have noticed that slight bog once in a while also, so your not crazy...

Once a year whether it needs it or not.

Hmm. Well, good to know. I have rejetted it (170-48)and the airfilter gets cleaned every other ride along with the oil. It hits plenty hard, it just feels like it misses at cruising speed and when I snap it to get over a log or stream it jsut felt a bit tired. Must just be me.

Try a air screw adjustment, maybe it has loosened a little. Do you have a zip-ty yet?